Although this blog post might seem out of place, I feel that my mind has been poked and those pokings are usually what i like to blog about. Last night a group of us Kaleo's decided to rent Slumdog Millionaire. A lot of us had been on the India trip so we thought it would be interesting to see this movie that is filmed and set in India. I knew that this movie was going to be heavy content wise before watching it, but I don't think you can ever really prepare yourself for content as heavy as that of the Indian slums. Although this movie was set nowhere near where we were when we were in India we could still relate with many things that we saw like the kids all playing cricket, the begging that goes on everywhere, the language, the religion, and of course the traffic. But this movie gave us insight to things behind the scenes. I hope that those who watch this movie are able to see past the story of the main character winning a million dollars, and see the kind of oppression that the Indian kids face in the slums. I'm not saying in any way that I know what it is like, not in anyway in fact I am probably the most oblivious but maybe that is why this movie pulled at my heartstrings the way it did. I just have many more things to add to the ever growing list of things to pray for India about. If you have not seen this movie I highly suggest you do, but do not watch it as entertainment, watch it as a call to prayer for the people of India. This movie might have a happy ending but most people who grow up on the streets and in the slums do not.

No comments:
Post a Comment