I'm afraid to say that these blog posts will begin to become fewer and far between, due to a reason of things. This internet is incredibly slow and I just don't have enough time to sit and wait for it. Plus camp is going to be getting pretty busy this spring and any free time that I have I am sure I will want to use for sleeping.
Well i have arrived at Frontier Lodge safely. In fact i was welcomed with a foot of snow on the ground followed by two more days of constant snowfall. It is more like winter here than it is in Manitoba (who would have thought?) I have been spending these last couple of days getting to know people and getting to know the camp. This week has been dedicated to staff training so I have been learning how to belay and tie numerous knots for rock climbing, how to clean/maintain bikes, and tomorrow we are going canoeing and chances are I will have to tip to learn how to do a self rescue (let me remind you that tomorrow the temp. is 8 degrees, Brrrr).
I can't help but think at times that if I had stayed at home I could be going to Cedarwood and working with many of my friends, where as right now I am still trying to get to know everybody.
Please pray for:
-Habit of time with God
Working all day makes it all to easy to spend any free time I have either sleeping or doing something that I feel is more important than God
-Flexibility
Allow me to be flexible in adjusting to this place, the people, and eventually the summer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment