November 17, 2008

Sweet Sixteenth of November

Today at Cobble Hill our "Bridge" worship team with on addition was in charge of leading worship.  Playing worship at Cobble Hill definitely has a different feel than my church back home (Braeside represent!).  It is a much smaller congregation and I feel that with a smaller congregation they would notice a screw-up a lot faster.  Nevertheless we didn't screw-up and our worship went wonderfully, from song choice to song placement.  I was quite happy with the song selection as the majority of the songs were hymns.  For some of you who know me you might be saying to yourself "WHAT!  Tom.  Liking hymns?".  But lately I have been very passionately about taking worship music back to its roots.  Hymns just don't carry that fluff and self-centeredness that most new worship music does.  It brings me to peace to be able to sing a song and not worry about its biblical trueness.  In light of this...I may have to give up the guitar and take up piano.  But learning an instrument takes a lot of time and energy, time and energy i don't have, maybe... you could all just pray real hard that God zaps me in the night with a lightening bolt full of the ability to play the piano.  

Back to a more serious note our very own Jeremiah (Kaleo student) gave his testimony, and it was very powerful, he is a man who has been blessed with words and the church was very thankful for his willingness to share.

We set-up the bridge tonight as a "camp-fire" setting again, just minus the fire, trees, marshmallows, and that wonderful smell of smoke that I love so much.  basically what I am trying to say is that the chairs were set up in a circle and we had an acoustic set.  Everything from the music to the message went good, it really seems that God has blessed this sweet sixteenth of November.


No comments: