Been listening to a lot of Enya lately, haven't been sleeping much either. This combination results in more thoughts than my mind can handle. I think this is best described as the kaleidoscope effect. My thoughts play the part of the million different colors and patterns and my mind takes the role as an eye that cannot close or pull away from the kaleidoscope. The outcome of this is a very tired eye, and occasional vomiting.
One Enya song called "Only Time" continuously asks the question of "who can say?", who can say where the road goes, if your love grows, why your heart sighs, why your heart cries,...etc. And the song ends by answering "only time". I guess one could say that this song could be summarized by saying of "Only time will tell". As much as I use that saying myself and thoroughly enjoy the song, I can't help but think that there must be more truth to life than "time will tell".
In 1 Corinthians 13 Paul talks about things that will pass away. How prophecies will cease, how tongues will be stilled, and knowledge will pass away. The answer of "time will tell" may be adequate for these things. But what about things that are beyond time? How can an answer speak truth about something it knows not? "time will tell" nothing of faith, of hope, and of Love. For these things will remain after all else have fallen away. I think Enya should make a new song called "Only Love" for it would be in that song that truth would be sung.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You've spoken twice at church now right? I haven't heard the second sermon - link me somehow? Was it recorded?
Post a Comment